Skip to content
SARP meeting Monday 13/02/2017
- Ivar Stanelis presented information about both Rally of the Heartlands and Rally of South Australia. Itineraries will be released very soon. A new ‘Class/Challenge’ has been released for Rally of Heartlands, the ‘Century Club’ (combined crew age over 100). Discussion was had about distances of stages and fuel usage. Compliance with NCR’s was confirmed. ARC2 was discussed however due to regulations not being finalized, this is still pending. I. Stanelis has requested the assistance on both events of a scorer to assist the Results Tracker.
- Sponsorship: MRF & Shannon’s have both come on board for the 2017 for SARC. There are other sponsors currently being negotiated with and will be advise once confirmed. MRF have also come on board for the sponsorship of the SARRS.
- A sub-committee for Promotions, Marketing and Sponsorship has been formed. Gavin Fowler, Andrew Challen, Kimberly Franklin and Cass Gray will commence discussions on creating a SA Rally presence and liaising with current and future SARC event organisers in actioning the vision. Tasks will include creating posters/flyers, addressing and updating sponsorship proposals, maximising sponsor impact at events, aiding in event promotion. Kimberly Franklin will be representing the SARP in the role of event liaison and event/SARC/SARSS et al promotions.
- A sub-committee for Strategic Planning has been formed. Andrew Admiraal, Michael Clements, Jason Lange & Matt Selley to create a plan that will align with the current national plan.
- Discussion was held for the 2017 Trophy Presentation/2018 Launch event. It will again be held at the Bridgewater Inn. Warren Neitz will again host the SARC/SARSS competitors and officials. Event information will be updated to the community as it becomes available, with date set for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 starting at 12:30pm.
- A CAMS Officials Training Day will be held at the Wayville Showgrounds on Sunday 21/05/2017. D. Claridge is creating an SMT training module at this event, as well as other rally centric training modules. This event “may” allow for the promotion of the events in the current SA Rally calendar.
You may also like...