SARP meeting Monday 8/08/16
Bullet points from meeting.
- Congratulation to the 2016 Copyworld Walky 100 organising team and the Walkerville All Cars Club on another outstanding event; well done to all. Thanks also to all the officials that came out to make the event happen and all the competitors that put on a wonderful show.
- Rob Thiry and the SA Officiating Panel will be working with SARP to put together an officials training day that will include a Rally training module. The day will comprise of theory and practical exercises that are in the throes of being created by SARP and Danny Claridge. We are looking at holding the training day late in the first quarter of 2017.
- The SARC in 2017 is on the verge of securing 5 rounds. The Rally of The Heartland, to be held in SA’s Hallett/Burra area with a date set for the 17th 18th and 19th of June 2017 will be run by the team that bring us ROSA. The SEAC team are working feverishly in the South East on an event in Heywood and environs. The event will be just over the SA/Vic border and will be an initiative of SEAC with the full support of the SARP and the Victorian Rally Panel and will be held on the October long weekend.
- Entries are currently flowing in for the 2016 Lightforce Rally SA. With a round of the ARC, SARC’s final round, Introductory Rally and the “Tag Along Tour”, it is shaping up to be a great event. Officials are sorely needed so please register and support the event: http://lightforcerallysa.com.au/register-as-a-volunteer/
- “Rally together, Stay together”
We ask that all competition crews in all levels of rallying in SA revisit the Rally Buddy System from time to time. We also ask that when competing, the crews pay particular attention to who is in front of you and who is behind you on the road and take the time to assess those vehicles safety/emergency tools “layout” so that you have a complete awareness of where everything is in case you need to render assistance.